How to vote for delegate (less than 5 minutes):
- To vote, you have to be 18 or older, live in Miami-Dade County, and be registered to vote as a Democrat.
- Go to floridadems.org/delegates
- Click on "Request electronic ballot"
- Fill out your first name, middle name, and last name, exactly as it appears on your voter registration. You won’t get to vote if you fill it out wrong, so make sure you check. To make sure you’ve got the right info, click on the link where it says "voter registration record" and look yourself up.
- Once you look up your voter registration to make sure you know it's accurate, go back to the form, and fill out the first page according to what it says on your voter registration information. When you’re done, click the blue arrow button.
- Fill out the second page, again exactly with the same information as you have on your voter registration. Please note that this information isn’t seen by anyone and the Democratic Party keeps your info safe. The information you submit will be used by the Democratic Party to verify your voter registration and Congressional district. Make sure you put in your main email address, because that’s the address they’re gonna send the ballot to. If you put the wrong address, you won’t be able to vote for Delegate.
- Now it will ask you to pick a Joe Biden ballot or a Bernie Sanders ballot. Choose Joe Biden. I’m running as Biden delegate, so my name only appears on the Biden ballot. It doesn’t matter whether you supported Biden, Bernie, or someone else; if you don’t pick a Biden ballot, you won’t be able to vote for me. This doesn’t mean you’re voting for Joe Biden — it just means you’re picking who represents him at the convention.
- Click "Submit Ballot Request." That's it! Once you click the button, you’ll receive an email confirming your ballot request. Then, on Thursday, May 14, at 2:00 PM, you will receive an email with a link and unique code to cast your vote in the delegate elections. Votes must be cast by 2:00 PM on Saturday, May 16. That’s 2 days to cast your vote.
Thanks so much for your support! If you have any questions, just reach out: email@example.com.